Friday, September 18, 2009

My Own Router At Last

At last I have now my own Linksys WRT54GL Wireless-G Broadband Router. I have been longing to have a Linksys router ever since, for I find it reliable because they have been into networking products for a longer time already. I really search for what is best router for me and I found WRT54GL better.

WRT54GL Wireless-G Broadband Router of course is a wireless router, that has 4 10/100 RJ-45 Switched Ports that allows you to connect the devices that is not wireless and an Ethernet port of course for your DSL or High speed internet connection. It is really easy to configure just type in your internet browser 192.168.1.1 and you are ready to go. Well unfortunately I wasn’t able to use it at home for the reason that PLDT has no response yet for our internet connection at home ever since March that we have applied for it. So I tried it in my cousins’ house. We have tried using it for 3 Laptops, wired PC and a PSP all together and it works perfectly fine the internet connection wasn’t that slow as long as no one is downloading a file, of course the internet speed would matter accordingly.

I find Linksys WRT54GL Wireless-G Broadband Router better so far but you can always look to the internet for your preference like what I did. There are really different kinds of router to choose depending of your use but for me this is so far so good.

No comments: